Skip to main content

Advertisement

Fig. 2 | Genome Biology

Fig. 2

From: Genomic GPS: using genetic distance from individuals to public data for genomic analysis without disclosing personal genomes

Fig. 2

Population genomic applications of distance vectors. a Two-dimensional mapping of the Europeans in the POPRES data using only distance vectors. We mapped a subset (60%) of the POPRES individuals and used the rest of the individuals (40%) as references. See Additional file 1: Table S2 for the abbreviated population names. b Mapping result of the same individuals using actual genomic data (the top two PCs). c Estimation of admixture proportion using distance vectors. We simulated admixed individuals from two distant populations (GBR: British in England and Scotland and JPT: Japanese in Tokyo, Japan) and two close populations (GBR and TSI: Toscani in Italia) using the 1000Genomes data. d Admixture of three populations (GBR, CHS: Southern Han Chinese, and YRI: Yoruba in Ibadan, Nigeria). The proportions were estimated using distance vectors and ADMIXTURE

Back to article page