Evolution of haplotypes at CCL3L1/CCL4L1
© Janyakhantikul et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. 2010
Published: 11 October 2010
Copy number of CCL3L1/CCL4L1 and presence of CCL3L1 pseudogene in HapMap populations.
Number of samples
Range of CCL3L1/CCL4L1 CN
Mean CCL3L1/CCL4L1 CN
Frequency of CCL3L1 pseudogene positive (%)
The CCL3L1 pseudogene and the combination of SNPs rs16972085 and rs8064426 are associated with the CCL3L1/CCL4L1 copy number, but the association is not absolute. However, data on evolution of CCL3L1/CCL4L1 haplotypes and the relationship between these haplotypes, flanking SNPs and the CCL3L1 pseudogene in CEU samples could provide variable insight to this region.
- Modi WS: CCL3L1 and CCL4L1 chemokine genes are located in a segmental duplication at chromosome 17q12. Genomics. 2004, 83: 735-738. 10.1016/j.ygeno.2003.09.019.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Gonzalez E, et al: The influence of CCL3L1 gene-containing segmental duplications on HIV-1/AIDS susceptibility. Science. 2005, 307: 1434-1440. 10.1126/science.1101160.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mamtani M, et al: CCL3L1 gene-containing segmental duplications and polymorphisms in CCR5 affect risk of systemic lupus erythaematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008, 67: 1076-1083. 10.1136/ard.2007.078048.PubMedPubMed CentralView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Shrestha S, Tang J, Kaslow RA: Gene copy number: learning to count past two. Nature Med. 2009, 15: 1127-1129. 10.1038/nm1009-1127.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Walker S, Janyakhantikul S, Armour JAL: Multiplex Paralogue Ratio Tests for accurate measurement of multiallelic CNVs. Genomics. 2009, 93: 98-103. 10.1016/j.ygeno.2008.09.004.PubMedView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd.